- John Hlinko’s bio (scroll down for highlights, or click for longer LinkedIn one)
- LeftAction.com & FB.com/LeftAction (What Hlinko does)
- Hlinko’s book
– Founder, LeftAction, a network of 2 million progressive activists.
– Top 5 PR professionals of the year, PR Week
– Book, “Share, Retweet, Repeat” named by Amazon as # 1 “hot new release” in web marketing category
– One of world’s top 25, “individuals, organizations and companies that are having the greatest impact on the way the Internet is changing politics,” by the World Forum on e-Democracy.
– On-air pundit (TV, radio), quoted in other media, etc.
As a youngster, John Hlinko never dreamed he would one day record a Grammy-winning duet with country music legend Willie Nelson. And indeed, it never happened. But he has been long recognized as an innovator on the grassroots engagement front, received numerous awards for his work, and been covered by nearly all the major national news outlets. He has also been quoted as a grassroots expert in numerous books, and spoken at hundreds of events ranging from a few dozen attendees to a few thousand.
He is the founder of LeftAction, an activist community of more than 2 million, which has helped spur grassroots support for a range of progressive organizations and candidates.
In 2004, he was named one of the world’s top 25, “individuals, organizations and companies that are having the greatest impact on the way the Internet is changing politics,” by the World Forum on e-Democracy. And in 2006, PR Week named him as one of the top five “PR Professionals of the Year.”
John was the founder and leader of “DraftWesleyClark.com” in 2003/04, and in 2006/2007, he was the co-leader of “DraftObama.org,” a grassroots effort to build support for Senator Obama prior to his entrance into the race.
John holds a BA from Wesleyan University, and a Master of Public Policy degree from Harvard University.